You started with intention, created a map, then began to breathe.
These are the first steps in in re-visioning Spirit and Mind to shift your perspective and health habits.
This week is about attending to the connection of spirit and mind via the breath and concretizing the new vision in your daily actions/habits.
- Find your paper that has your personal narrative of intentions.
- Re-view your words – are they representative of your intentions three weeks later?
- make adjustments, additions, and clarifications.
Find you picture map, what is attractive to you about it today? See it both from a figurative and holistic perspective – figure and ground connecting spirit and mind.
Look into the mirror and view your physical self.
- First you will focus on the negatives, things you do not like about yourself.
- Jot these down,
- now return with compassion and love to your image in the mirror.
- be grateful for what is there both the parts you wish to change and those you like when you view them.
- Make an effort to shine love on your self through this process. So if you are unhappy about extra pounds then see how these represent something good. Perhaps you still carry weight from the joy of carrying your child and you can be thankful for those pounds while you simultaneously determine it is time to release them.
- Or if you see lines between your brows consider what that represents, perhaps a strength of thinking skills and focus, be grateful for your capacity to focus so directly and then you may determine you desire to shift your habits to include play and relaxation in balance. This blog from back in 2010, really gets to the heart of this, please check it out to help you focus on seeing the good in bad…or emphasizing the positive, https://instinctivehealthmedicine.com/2010/09/14/how-you-face-the-day-is-how-it-faces-you-back/ .
How you see yourself matters. Consider compassionately responding to the aspects of your physical being that you find repulsive.
Next, Shift this to your behaviors and words.
- Consider how you came to develop the behavior that you desire to release.
- Be grateful for the way in which it has positively served you ,
- and then you may make a decision to release that patterning.
In this moment you are free to make a deeper shift in your intentions to connect your spirit and mind in an integrated narrative, picture map. You can achieve this by creating a second map that incorporates a fuller picture of your new view OR you may connect the narrative and map you have by putting them onto a paper together, including our new insights from the work in the mirror.
(This process is one you may want to do several times a year to reset your goals and return to your center.)
Place the map and narrative in a place where you frequently pass by it throughout the day.
- Each time you pass it,
- view it fully.
- Breathing in and breathing out.
- Creating a space within yourself for the images and words to infuse you with peace, will, strength, and joy to create your new habits to health.
You are transforming yourself from the inside out. Habits develop through repetition or an immediate reward for a behavior. So practice and be kind to yourself as you are making these changes. You can check out this earlier blog for more support https://instinctivehealthmedicine.com/2012/07/06/visioning-anew-developing-your-allowing-muscles/ . You may also want to read this blog for emotional support https://instinctivehealthmedicine.com/2013/01/24/two-parables-your-life-is-what-you-make-it/ .
And as always, Remember you have a better chance of getting where you want to go if you have a map…in love and light, many blessings, bg
You can find out more at http://www.bethgineris.com. Beth’s upcoming book, 6 steps to transcending conflict and elevating consciousness, due out in 2015 offers special techniques for releasing unresolved injuries…and the elevation of consciousness.
You may participate in seminars to learn these techniques through the bethgineris website. Beth’s groundbreaking book Turning Me to WE: The Art of Partnering with Mindfulness(2013), has some great tools about Temperament style and your personal style of partnering, as well as the insecurity Drivers MAAPS. Discover where you are in the Temperament and the MAAPS section. You can see how you see the world, and whether you have an attachment that is creating problems in your relationships. MAAPS will help you to discern your insecurities and understand how and what underlies how you developed your insecurity driver (Money, Achievement, Attachment, Power, Structure).
You can find ways to simply connect to yourself in a loving forgiving way through theTurning No to ON: The Art of Parenting with Mindfulness Book (2011). If you want to change your life, see how you can bring mindfulness to your parenting and relationships.
One being at a time you can elevate the way in which you treat one another and elevate the consciousness on the planet so that equality, balance, and freedom BEcome the norm for all. in love and light, bg