5-8 weeks, hydrate with clean filtered water, nourish with whole foods, rest, and exercise to detoxify your lymph, digestive, and liver systems AND strengthen your heart, immunity and skin. Glowing from the inside and on the outside. Yes!
So for week 5, focus on hydration and nourishment.
- Start with drinking three to four liters of clean, filtered water each day. (Best to use reverse osmosis filtered system in your home or from one of your natural grocery stores.)
- That’s between 48 and 64 ounces OR six to eight 8-ounce glasses of water.
- So the important note here is that hydration requires water, not tea, not coffee, not diet coke, not juice – water.
- If you are an athlete or you sweat a lot you are best served to be on the 64 ounce end of the continuum and may need to add another liter(quart).
- Water is used by every cell in your body. It enhances movement in your joints, helps to plump skin, assists your lymph system in detoxification and your digestive system in detoxification . http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908954/ read this important article for more specific information.
- It is a major component of a healthy brain. Low levels of dehydration can cause discontinuity in mood regulation and thinking skills. moderate amounts of dehydration can cause delirium.
- (Too much water is not good on this end so you can get too much of a good thing – ask any marathon runner who over hydrated – you get some of those symptoms that look like dehydration nausea, pain and dizziness but you will notice that your hands are swollen and your thinking is off.)
Simply making this ONE change in your life can positively affect your experience of pain, or simply take it away. It can positively shift your ability to be active, to learn and remember, to move free of pain, to look rested and rest more easily, and detoxify your physical elimination systems. WOW! Do this and you free yourself to make some of the other suggested changes to thinking, attitude and community. ( future weeks blogs)
- Nourish with Whole Foods.
- So this means avoid modified, or deconstructed foods that you may find in boxed food or already prepared fast food. There is not enough nutrition there, and in some cases the product is not something that can be assimilated by your cellular structure.
- You want to eat foods that are grown in organic, local communities if you can.
- Eat meat that is grass fed, free range, consider that you want the animal to have had a life before its death. The Qi you get from your nourishment is only as nourishing as the components of the animal. If the animal lived in squalor, fear, and despair then that’s the Qi you are putting into your body. Be grateful to the animal for the sacrifice it made so that you could eat. If this seems too out there for you – consider that just as you are spirit mind body, integrated, and community as a social being, Understand through mindful, critical analysis that an animal in stress from a lack of connection to community and its natural state so that it can feed you will have huge amounts of cortisol and other endocrine elements of stress in its flesh and that is the foundation on which you will be building your health…that lack of foundation results in disease. It results in diminished immunity, out of control auto-immune issues, mental-emotional imbalance, and hormonal endocrine issues, a lack of nourishment which can lead to overeating and feeling un-nourished.
- Use spices to create synergism in your digestive, immune, and endocrine systems.
- To keep your bowels moving, at least once or twice a day, (You will positively affect this with water, as above.) add a daily supplement of magnesium citrate.
- Use fennel, ginger, and cinnamon to help you absorb the food nutrients you need and get rid of the stuff you don’t.
- Flax seeds are helpful as well as sweet potatoes, butternut squash, yams, and parsnips.
- Cinnamon in the morning in a bowl of oatmeal or in your morning drink will balance your blood sugar. It treats hypoglycemia naturally.
- My favorite tip from my Chinese Medical training is EAT the RAINBOW.
- When you look on your plate see the colors of the rainbow – purples, reds, greens, yellows and oranges…
- if you look down and see a lot of brown and white — you are not eating in a way that is most nourishing for the systems that make your body work. Change to a more naturally colorful diet and your body will work more efficiently.
- Eat eight to ten servings of colorful fruits and vegetables and specifically include, every day, the family of the cruciferous vegetables, broccoli, collards, kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, as well as the garlic family, leeks, garlic, chives, and onions, which help increase sulfur in the body and help detoxification.
- Avoid stimulants, sedatives, and drugs.
- Eliminate nicotine, diet soda, cola, and sugary, high caffeine drinks.
- Drink coffee and tea, and eat chocolate (high cacao only) in moderation.
- Keep alcohol intake at a minimum and definitely not daily.
It may take some time to incorporate these ideas into your daily routine. Here is a great blog about important information about best foods to help your brain. https://integrativemedicinestrategiesnow.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/brain-food-really/ .
And as always, Remember you have a better chance of getting where you want to go if you have a map…in love and light, many blessings, bg
You can find out more at http://www.bethgineris.com. Beth’s upcoming book, 6 steps to transcending conflict and elevating consciousness, due out in 2015 offers special techniques for releasing unresolved injuries…and the elevation of consciousness.
You may participate in seminars to learn these techniques through the bethgineris website. Beth’s groundbreaking book Turning Me to WE: The Art of Partnering with Mindfulness(2013), has some great tools about Temperament style and your personal style of partnering, as well as the insecurity Drivers MAAPS. Discover where you are in the Temperament and the MAAPS section. You can see how you see the world, and whether you have an attachment that is creating problems in your relationships. MAAPS will help you to discern your insecurities and understand how and what underlies how you developed your insecurity driver (Money, Achievement, Attachment, Power, Structure).
You can find ways to simply connect to yourself in a loving forgiving way through theTurning No to ON: The Art of Parenting with Mindfulness Book (2011). If you want to change your life, see how you can bring mindfulness to your parenting and relationships.
One being at a time you can elevate the way in which you treat one another and elevate the consciousness on the planet so that equality, balance, and freedom BEcome the norm for all. in love and light, bg