Hello! Welcome. Thank you for being here.
There has been a lot of chatter about the need to change the status quo and that the stars are aligned to break up structures and patterns that are disharmonious for our culture and planet.
Often this is applied to the concept of capitalism and laid at the feet of white people who allowed, even empowered racism and slavery, and corporate culture that focuses on ever-increasing greed. Fair enough those entities have indeed powered a materialistic, consumer-focused, over-emphasis on ever-expanding Yang energy.
Here is something to think about:
- Since the 1960’s there has been energetic and social revolution grounded in the speeches and actions of Martin Luther King, jr and others, and the words of Mahatma Gandhi, and rightly so -> the change that exploded in the sixties toward peace and loving energy is positive and has had effect and is growing.
- On a broader level, this has been in play far longer. The shift toward masculine or yang energy and away from feminine or yin energy has been an ongoing transfer over many years – seen in earlier cultures 2000 to 5000 plus years ago…and is directly related to the empowerment of all things masculine, and yang in energy to the exclusion of all things feminine and yin in energy. There have been periods of teachings that described the spiral form and importance of balance between yin and yang – think Taoism. Currently the focus is the ever-upward phallic growth to the exclusion of lateral and internal growth, so that the focus is on me, me, me, me rather than we and this is culminating in the problems of the current time; paradoxically, this is another offshoot of the explosive sixties.
- In addition there is a corrupt, misleading component of divisiveness and misdirection. Rather than embracing the spirit of the previous guides of MLK and Gandhi or even JC and Buddha there is a second level of Yang misdirection that belies the positive advances of our culture and enhances the ongoing materialism, consumerism, and lack of cooperation, care, compassion, and Yin energy. Encouraging constant blame mongering, victimization-excuse and deflection of personal responsibility for one’s personal actions toward self and others, even rewarding ‘bad-boy/bad-girl’ behavior through the exaltation of how cool it is to buck authority and to win read beat out the other side (polarity); it is focused on limited resource third dimensional belief systems that pit me against you and are devoid of the concept of we.
My question is this: what if the status quo pattern that needs to be addressed isn’t the fifties but rather the energy of the sixties, seventies, and nineties (me, me, me, materialism, power)- something that is tearing apart families, cementing the crevasse and divides between racial groups, men and women, gays and straights, rich and poor, and doing all of this under the guise of what is cool and misrepresenting for the purpose of gaining more yang power.
What if it is this idea of polarity: have and have-nots; what if it is the belief set forth by Karl Marx about the owners of the means to production and the workers and the rights of the working class. What if what was described by this man, who defined the economic problem of his german society, were absolutely accurate for his paradigmatic perception of the space/time/world in which he lived but that his solution was misguided derived from the very thing he was attempting to correct: simply changing the poles and NOT actually helpful today. Unlike the information received from other thinkers that defines how to quantum shift these poles, to integrate and balance relationships – Gandhi, MLK, JC, and Buddha quantum, upleveling space/time shift response to an ongoing adversarial power battle – to actually shift the energetic and physical response to the dilemma.
What if the belief in that status quo is the thing that needs to be transmuted… the belief in the limited resource, you against me, is the status quo that needs to be transmuted or paradigmatically evolved, rather than who is the have and have-not in the equation? Shifting into an actually new perspective (not leaning forward linearly or hierarchically but quantum paradigmatic upleveling) a more inclusive and multidimensional equation must be how the situation is analysed; and the response be akin to moving from a me to we-style of relating. Then the answer in this new paradigmatic shift in which we are living is not between the two sides that keep popping up in these divisive debates but rather a conversation about how to acknowledge and integrate two sides together to make sense out of OUR world TOGETHER. Our world containing two (plus) partners, our world inclusive of rich and poor, our world embracing and finding upleveled solutions within varying degrees of politics and paradigms, our world shifting have and have-nots into a we.…OUR world in our little personal lives and the big public space of our global home.
I invite all my friends in the healing fields, in the religious fields, and in the position of authority whom are placing blame at the culture of the fifties or some other, in light of the culture of the sixties, seventies, nineties and millenniums …I hold these friends (and enemies) of mine, in a bubble of lovingkindness, gratitude, forgiveness, and compassion; I hold their feet to the fire with mine to LET GO of the fight they and I thought we had, and to embrace a new perspective where we ALL are on the same side against the imbalance in our culture and we ALL bring valuable perspective that requires integration and balance of Yang with Yin, within a non-limited resource perspective, rather a holistic perspective that allows us all to uplevel together.
We must move out of Me/you, I only, into WE in our perspectives and interactions, Out of dependency and independency into Interdependency, Away from Narcissistic –taking without giving, Or dependence creating of giving without taking; Away from competitive independent I need only to take care of myself in a WE style of relating that makes room for every one to be valuable and that values ALL the aspects of society – mothering, caregiving, cleaning, security, growth promotion and balances out the way in which talents are made visible and compensated. Actors, Politicians, Musicians, Sport Celebrities, entertainers of all sorts, and the various participants in marketing and publicity, and corporatism unbalancedly gather an excess of the nutrition of our society: money – while caregivers, motherers, teachers, counselors, healers, cleaners, do-gooders of all sorts, and security people receive too little. This imbalance feeds the polarity and the negative paradigm that drives our culture.
The we includes valuing all roles not just those seen from a hierarchical yang perspective as best and highest. Finding your true purpose, embracing your true talent, living in right labor, right relationship, right balance so that you are part of the whole, the we, that is what I hope for all of us. And this means to disarm the status tied to the hierarchical structures present in our society. The Marxian perspective simply changes poles it keeps the status quo operating… relieving ourselves of the status quo in ALL its forms is what will bring a upleveling of consciousness and balance.
- Pay attention to the propaganda all around you – you may be betraying yourself or those you love without knowing it. Just because you like someone doesn’t mean they are saying something that is true. Don’t swallow whole the words of your heroes – mindfully discern for yourself the fullness of what they are saying and then choose to act from your heart center.
- There are small truths and Universal Truths – Currently some of the small truths are lying about the universal truths.
- Look to see what status quo you are holding onto that needs to be transmuted – forget about the talking-heads on both sides, refrain from polarity, listen to your heart, listen with your heart and your mindful space. Then make a change in your beliefs and your actions to embrace a better more inclusive, holistic space.
One of my favorite mantras is: he who throws the second punch starts the fight – without the agreement of the second punch no fight is possible….defensive action is best followed in the way of the peaceful warrior: let the first punch go by, walk away from a fight if you are able, use the art of aikido and the art of verbal and cognitive aikido to deflect, deflate and define… BE a faithful true being of peace – avoid writing hateful things about those you perceive on the other side of an argument. Live in the middle space, walk in the middle way, look for how you and your enemy agree and create a time/space continuum that uplevels all.
Namaste, In love and light, Beth